In attendance: Pete Burkey, Mark Logsdon, Robin Hudson, Jim Reier
Treasurers Report: $ 540.01
- No updates on training of the new console at the Planetarium.
- Pete, Jim and his wife Jennifer attended the IMAX-Roving Mars. It was a wonderful program.
- The Messier Marathon in March was cancelled due to mostly cloudy skies.
- The SAAA will host the Girl Scouts at our April meeting. A tour of the May night sky will be provided. Mark will provide a count for the number of girls in the scout troop.
- Constellation of the Month for April is Leo, presented by Jim Reier
- For the May SAAA meeting, we will view a movie from the Club library. The Executive Board will decide which title at the May board meeting.
- Sky & Telescope dues will be collected at the April meeting. If you are a member who wishes to receive S&T, the SAAA Club provides yearly subscriptions at a reduced price.
- The SAAA will host a star party for the campers at Holland State Park in July. Peter will contact HSP to arrange a date in July.
- The SAAA will donate $50.00 to Vivekananda Monastery for hosting our Star Parties in 2006.
- Constellation of the Month for May will be presented by Mark Logsdon. Refreshments will be provided by Carson Mantooth.
- Mark is researching the minimum contribution for International Dark Sky Association (IDA) to maintain our sponsorship status.
- A Fall presentation is planned for Park Township in October. The theme of the presentation will be discussed in the next meeting.
- Robin Hudson will submit our request to the Federal government to establish our tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(7) non-profit educational and scientific organization.
- Constellation of the month for June will be an extended sky tour in the planetarium.
- At the April SAAA meeting, Larry will present a video and demonstrate howto collimate telescopes. Members are encouraged to bring their Telescopes in to be collimated.
- George will provide refreshments for June.
- Refreshment schedule is as follows:
April John Alderson
May Carson Mantooth
June George Miller
Respectfully submitted by Robin Hudson